If you’ve already read my bio, you know that I’ve had a varied professional career and have a lot of presentations and speeches under my belt. These days, I limit the topics of my talks, discussions, and workshops to my writing, about the importance of fiction and reading, and about the craft of writing.
If you’re planning an event, a series of workshops, or just a casual get-together, fill out the form below. If you’re not sure about the format or topic that best suits your event, I’m happy to help you figure it out. Some suggested topics are listed below, but feel free to ask about any other. I’ll be honest on whether I’m the right person for it – and may be able to give you the name of someone else if I’m not.
- The craft of plotting (2 to 3-hour workshop)
- Crafting credible heroes and villains (2-hour workshop)
- Tension and pacing in fiction (2-hour workshop)
- Impact of race in non-racial fiction (speech/presentation, panel or dicussion)
- The search for plot in our non-fiction lives (speech/presentation or discussion)
- How to write fiction by not listening to anyone – especially yourself (speech/presentation)
- Topics about my career(s) or my novels